Sentinel (GBSD) Manager Software Engineering 3 - 9382
Requisition ID: R10129008
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
NG Space Systems has an opening for a Software Engineering Manager 3 located in Roy, UT. The individual in this role will lead a team of embedded software engineers developing Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) Software. This position reports directly to the GN&C IPT Lead.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, GN&C Analysis & Algorithms, Guidance Computer, Integration & Test, and the Software IPT in a team environment
- Establish and implement Agile development techniques and metrics to help manage team progress and quality throughout the life cycle.
- Responsible for cost account management, IMS task planning, software process adherence and refinement, and reporting
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of related experience or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Secret security clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years with ability to gain Special Program access
- 3+ years in a formal management position
- 1+ years of managing to budget and schedule
- 1+ years of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles and application
- 1+ years with C++ and object-oriented design
- 1+ years of full life cycle of software development
- Experience as a CAM and Cameo EA
- Knowledge of missile GN&C SW
- 1+ years architecting and writing requirements for a hard real-time system
- 1+ years of configuration management best practices and scheduling
- 1+ years of managing a flight- or safety-critical embedded software team
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner or Scrum Master
- 1+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Knowledge in principles of Model Based Engineering (MBE)
- Working in an Agile team
- Designing software using UML
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool
- Knowledge of cost estimation
- Experience with nuclear surety requirements (AFMAN 91-119)
- Experience developing missile flight systems software
- Experience with DO-178C
- Experience developing or debugging operating system software targeted for an embedded system
- Top Secret clearance
- 5+ years of experience dedicated to flight- or safety-critical software development
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.