Space Principal / Senior Principal DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: R10121589
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America | Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Morrisville, North Carolina, United States of America+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Principal / Senior Principal DevOps Engineer based out of Morrisville NC, Fairfax VA, or Linthicum MD.
We are looking for experienced DevOps Engineers to augment our Infrastructure team. Successful candidates will be experienced with creating and maintaining DevSecOps pipelines, have AWS cloud experience, and have some Docker and Kubernetes experience.
This is a great opportunity for flexible self-starters to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting several tools and systems. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement into leadership positions.
The DevOps engineer plans and evolves processes and infrastructure to execute programs which support rapid maturation and deployment of capability while sustaining a stable security posture and incorporating ongoing stakeholder feedback. Integrates development pipelines leveraging automation with test-driven development tools and continuous integration/test frameworks. Implements provisioning and deployment techniques via packaging, componentizing, or Cloud distribution. Functions with agile principles to execute efficiently in an environment of continuous feedback. Ensures implementation of Software Configuration Management (SCM), code quality, and code coverage with automated testing for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Principal DevOps Engineer: BS in STEM discipline with 5+ years of related experience, MS with 3+ years of related experience, PhD with 0+ years of related experience, or 9+ years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Sr. Principal DevOps Engineer: BS in STEM discipline with 9+ years of related experience, MS with 7+ years of related experience, PhD with 4+ years of related experience, or 14+ years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Current/Active TS/SCI
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI-Poly)
- AWS Experience
- Familiarity with developing and deploying CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or similar
- Familiarity with working in a Red Hat Linux environment
- Current Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI-Poly) completed within the last 5 years
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Current Security+ certification
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.