Principal Engineer Software (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10130050
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
The Software Engineer position will onsite at Fairfax, VA. The candidate will design, develop, document, test, and debug application software. The candidate will conduct software research and collaborate with team members to plan, design, development, and test software. The candidate will determine user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems, and ensure software standards are met. The candidate will be a self-starter, team-player, and work under general supervision. The candidate will be expected to complete the tasks in a fast-paced results driven environment.
* 4 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in Java software development.
* Experience in basic database queries and PL/SQL programming.
* US citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS)
* Experience working with application server (Apache Tomcat, etc.)
* Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Git, and/or other DevOps toolsets.
* Knowledge of Oracle database
* Experience working with IDE (Eclipse, etc.)
* Experience working in an agile or iterative development environment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.