NGI Modeling & Simulations Principal/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems- Interim Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10128838
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America | Chandler, Arizona, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Interim Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer for the NGI Modeling and Simulations and/or Systems Performance Engineer position(s) located in Huntsville, AL or Chandler, AZ.
This position will support the Next Generation Interceptor Program.
- Responsible for the development, refinement and documentation of key capabilities to support the NGI program
- The NGI Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Engineer is directly responsible for supporting the overall System-level M&S development effort including integration of subsystem elements into the overall System-level simulation and formal deliverables.
- The NGI Systems Performance Engineer is directly responsible for supporting overall System-level end to end performance assessments of the product efforts and resolution of systems performance gaps relative to stakeholder requirements.
- The ideal candidate would be able to fulfill both of these positions. - Collaboration with senior systems engineers to support the development of groundbreaking advances against emerging threats and capabilities
This position may be offered at the Principal Engineer Systems Level 3 or maybe offered at the Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Level 4.
If offered at the Principal Engineer Systems Level 3 requires:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. - Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related field with 5 years of related experience
If offered at the Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Level 4 requires:
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. - Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related field with 9 years of related experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Interim or Active DoD Secret security clearance is required
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Demonstrated experience in modeling and simulation
- Active Secret clearance - Missile Defense or Command and Control Experience
- Proficient with Python, MATLAB, C++ or other languages
- Dedicated to quality model development
- Working knowledge of Ada programming
- MBSE experience (Cameo or similar)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.