Space Systems Engineer (TS/SCI) ERAP Eligible Gilbert, AZ
Requisition ID: R10093570
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
The Mission Engineering and Operations Organization in SSSD has several openings for a Space Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Gilbert Arizona.
Multiple roles are available throughout the product development life-cycle of our programs with emphasis in one of the following disciplines:
- Space System Physical and Functional Architecture Development
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Thread Engineering
- Model Based System Engineering
- Orbital Analysis/Determination
- System Integration
- Test Planning/Execution
- Ground Systems Engineering
- Tool Development
- Site Installation
- Interface Validation
- System Activation
- System Operation
- System Maintenance and Turnover
Available positions require that the candidate have a strong understanding of one or more of the skills described. Project roles span all phases from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & - Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example, the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 2+ years of engineering experience OR Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline of engineering experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or SCI
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on aircraft or spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, Cameo
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.