Manager Systems Engineering 2- Top Secret Clearance Required (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10129873
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Engineering Manager 2 in the Tactical Space Systems Division (TSSD). This position will be located in Gilbert, AZ.
The new manager will be responsible for managing technical personnel in our department with a size of 15-20 team members. Will ensure qualified and experienced personnel (and supporting design and analysis tools and other resources) are assigned to meet the staffing needs of programs, and track and execute peer reviews for major program events. The role includes all aspects of staff management, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching/mentoring, career development, performance management, compensation management, and separation of assigned employees.
This role is 2 parts: approximately 20% functional management role and approximately 80% direct charge program role. The direct program work will include System Engineering (SE) technical work and/or leadership, e.g., IPT leadership (Lead or Deputy Lead and/or CAM), technical lead, and/or SE mission architecture.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Technical Field with 7 + years of experience, or Masters of Science Degree in technical field 5 + years of experience.
- Five years + experience in Systems Engineering for space, ground or mission critical applications
- Experience leading an engineering team or project
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with active or current Top Secret Clearance
- Masters Degree
- Active or current SSBI and TS/SCI clearance
- Prior work with functional management of an engineering staff
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.