Manager Test Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10090988
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Azusa, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD) in Azusa, CA is seeking a Test Operations Manager 2 to join our team of qualified and diverse candidates. This position will lead the department daily operations and a team responsible for environmental test facilities and test operations across the Strategic Force programs business unit portfolio. This role will report on-site daily. We can accommodate partial teleworking, but this is dependent upon business/program/team need.
In this role, You will:
- Manage a team consisting of approximately 10-15 test engineers,
- Coordinate job assignments and assess test facility utilization to support program needs,
- Work closely with test technician manager and personnel to ensure maintenance and facility readiness tasks are completed in a timely fashion,
- Maintain department processes,
- Perform mentoring, performance evaluation, coordinating activities and staffing and career development of department members
- Ensure consistent application of common tools and processes used by team members across programs.
The remaining balance of your time will be spent supporting space based RF and IR programs, by performing duties that relate to but not limited to test operations tasks including test requirements review, procedure development, program reviews and test execution.
You will be self-motivated, possess strong organizational skills, possess strong analytic skills, facilitation skills, and have exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business need.
- Bachelor's Degree & 9+ years of related experience
- Strong understanding of Test Operations and Test Engineering discipline
- Experience with running environmental test such as Thermal Cycle/Vacuum test and Vibration test
- Experience with maintaining test operations equipment such as Thermal chambers and vibe test system
- Experience with leading a team of engineers satisfying program schedule and budget
- Experience with leading/delegating to an appointed lead engineer and manage multiple shifts for performing environmental testing
- Experience presenting and interfacing with customers, site and program leadership
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Prior experience with working with union represented employees
- Ability to develop and evaluate proposal inputs (effort and task descriptions)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- BS Degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering or related STEM technical discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Prior functional management experience
- Prior experience mentoring new hires and junior engineers and encouraging employee engagement
- Hands on experience maintaining an environmental test facility in a secured environment including thermal, thermal vacuum, vibration, contamination control, optical and mass properties equipment.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Agile training/certification
- Experience with writing, reviewing and interpreting technical documentation including test procedures and drawings
- Active Secret security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.