Staff Systems Test Engineer - Environmental Test Group (Clearance Required)
Requisition ID: R10114628
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Azusa, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Space Systems Sector out of Azusa, CA is hiring for a Staff Systems Test Engineer (Level 5) to join our Test Engineering division. This role will report on-site daily. We can accommodate partial teleworking, but this is fully dependent upon business/program/team need.
Candidate will synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. The Staff Engineer will develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for completing systems. The Staff engineer will perform electrical integration, ambient functional tests and system performance tests (in a thermal vacuum environment). The Staff engineer will generate scripts (automation) for functional and system performance testing. In the course of testing, you will be involved in troubleshooting HW/SW issues and provide communication throughout the team through status reports. The selected candidate will conduct customer presentations such as Test Readiness Reviews, Data Reviews, and will write test reports at the end of testing. The ideal candidate will need to support multiple shifts during 24/7 test events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field & 14 years of experience in test engineering, OR a Master’s Degree in a STEM field & 12 years of experience in test engineering, OR a PhD in a STEM field and 9 years of experience in test engineering
- Expertise in thermal environment and electrical engineering (voltage, current, resistance) understanding
- Expertise in electrical integration and test product development, and ability to generate and/or modify test plans and procedures
- Ability to independently troubleshoot problems and find possible root causes related to test equipment, unit under test, and test procedures
- Ability to provide accurate and concise status reports and findings
- Ability to support 24/7 and multiple shifts during testing phases
- Current & active DoD secret clearance or higher
- Master’s Degree in a STEM field
- Ability to apply electrical engineering principles in reviewing electrical schematics to define electrical integration test design, test plan, and procedures for a system level test activity
- Ability to perform technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations
- TS/SCI security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.