Manager Systems Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10123089
- Category: Engineering
- Location: El Segundo, California, United States of America | Redondo Beach, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
As a leader in the Survivability National Directorate, you will be responsible for leading a team developing cutting edge Survivability solutions. Our work influences the design of the next generation of aircraft and is a driving force behind the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. We work closely with our external customers and internal collaborators to further the technologies at the heart of Aircraft Survivability. We frequently collaborate across functional disciplines, offering highly unique opportunities to obtain a broad understanding of many technical areas, or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any one of our sub-disciplines.
This position will be located in California at our South Bay (Redondo Beach / El Segundo) facilities. The successful candidate will fill the role of Section Manager for a team of Survivability Engineers, in a dual-hat role responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and program/projects or other technical responsibilities (80% or more of time).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leading a section of Survivability engineers (12-20 personnel)
- Hiring, developing, training, and retention of section talent. Hiring will include university and experienced candidates.
- Providing leadership and direction to team members and managing employee performance
- Day-to-day operation of the organization including employee movement and balancing of resources among programs, and resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues
- Collaboration and communication between Survivability Engineering and program management
- Promoting the professional development of the Survivability Engineering team and fostering a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth, and continuous improvement.
- Providing clear assignments, helping employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creating an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and building a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
- Executing on one or more programs (ranging from small IR&D activities to large programs, potentially including capture efforts) in a technical capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of engineering experience or a Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field from an accredited university, with 7 years of engineering experience.
- Prior experience in, or knowledge of, one or more Survivability disciplines or related.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills.
- Active DoD SECRET (or higher) clearance, within 5 years of last investigation
- The ability to obtain and maintain a special access program clearance.
- MS degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical, materials science, or chemical engineering; physics; chemistry; computer science; or applied mathematics from an ABET accredited university.
- Demonstrated success in one or more Survivability disciplines (Low Observables / LO Technologies, Stealth Signature Management, RF Engineering, RF Design and Analysis, Materials & Processing Engineering, IR and Acoustics, CEM Modeling and Analysis, High Powered Computing, etc.)
- 5+ years of direct experience leading teams and managing projects; experience leading a team of diverse individuals toward a common objective.
- Previous experience leading projects in the SAP/SAR environment; strong project management and team development skills
- Existing special access program clearance
- Active DoD TOP SECRET clearance, within 5 years of last investigation
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.