Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Secret Clearance) (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10121667
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Manhattan Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector (NGDS) is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join our growing team of diverse professionals. The selected candidate will be motivated, energetic, and willing to learn. The candidate will work on a small team supporting the Mission Planning and Decision Support Operating Unit (OU) where they will support Agile development of cloud-based solutions in the areas of User Story development, UI/UX development, external system interface design, system architecture and design, system development, integration, and test.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Develop CONOPs, perform functional analysis, requirements allocation, decomposition, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for the mission planning products
- Work closely with software development team to implement new capabilities and ensure requirements are met
- Support iterative development of UI/UX concepts and designs with customer feedback
- Perform trade studies to support design approaches and software/hardware selection
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- May include travel to other locations
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Systems Engineer:
- BS or higher degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) or related field from an ABET accredited university
- 8+ years of experience, and significant direct experience in the field of Software Systems Engineering OR 6 years experience with a master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Experience in Systems Engineering, e.g., CONOPS development, requirements analysis, decomposition and allocation, interface definition, and trade studies.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance investigated within the last 5 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain SAP clearance
- Conceptual knowledge of Cloud infrastructure technology
- Conceptual knowledge of containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to work on-site in Manhattan Beach (CA)
- Active DoD SAP Clearance
- Knowledge of military mission planning systems
- Experience as a Systems Engineer / Product Owner on a software-development effort
- User Story Development, backlog refinement, release planning, user interaction
- Systems Engineering experience migrating desktop applications to cloud native
- Systems Engineering experience with Azure cloud infrastructure technology
- Experience with containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Iac) development
- Experience with mathematical algorithm development, MATLAB, modeling/simulation
- Experience with UI/UX development
- Experience with MBSE Tools
- Experience in scripting/programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, .Net, Java, C, and C#
- Experience with Software Security Engineering, IA/Cybersecurity and industry platform hardening practices, such as DISA STIG Implementation
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (such as, Security+)
- Work well in a fast-paced small team environment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.