Principal Engineer Test
Requisition ID: R10117396
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
WORK SHIFT: 1st Shift
TRAVEL: Yes, 25% of the Time
REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBLE: Yes
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Principal Test Engineer to support our AARGM-ER program efforts in Northridge, CA.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WORK ON-SITE IN NORTHRIDGE, CA. REMOTE WORK IS NOT APPROVED FOR THIS POSITION.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, WHILE NOT GUARANTEED, MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
The candidate will work with a team of test engineers in order to complete system level tests to verify requirements for the AARGM-ER development program. This role will also involve developing and maintaining test plans, procedures, and reports with minimal supervision, as well as the creation of test reports to document test results. The candidate will be working in a cross functional team in order to coordinate test efforts amongst program stakeholders and test results. This position will require travel in order to support the test program of the AARGM-ER contract.
- Develop executable test plans which address technical specification verification requirements
- Work with internal and external customers to define and document instrumentation, data requirements, and test planning including acquisition, processing, and analysis to satisfy test objectives
- Perform data collection, reduction, and communication to verification requirement stakeholders
- Responsible for data summary, distribution, and test report authorship.
- Demonstrate excellence with data collection and reduction tools such as Matlab, Labview, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency with test planning and result communications such as Word, PowerPoint, etc. to facilitate Customer briefings communicating test results and path forward
- Continually improve processes to address deficiencies and best practices
- Develop and maintain test plans, test data, test reports, and test procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field AND a minimum of 5 years of related experience OR a Master's Degree in Engineering or related field AND a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US citizenship is required.
- Proficient in the use of Logic Analyzers, Software Based Debugging tools, In-Circuit Emulators, RF Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly to present technical approaches and findings
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and act as team lead for larger test efforts
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.