Staff Engineer Systems
Requisition ID: R10127014
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Staff Systems Engineer to join the Advanced Programs team as a Chief Engineer and lead the team of engineers tasked with developing our Next Gen Strike Weapon system.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the development and fielding of weapon systems or autonomous flight vehicles. This candidate will have a depth of knowledge across the system and be capable of developing architectures and concepts for autonomous systems and related subsystems including flight sensors, flight computers, flight controls, communications, propulsion, payloads and airframes.
In this role, you will:
- Execute the role of Chief Engineer for the development of an advanced weapon system under the tenets of Digital Acquisition and rapid development
- Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and design of the advanced weapon system.
- Partner with Program Management to ensure program objectives, technical requirements and schedule are met.
- Manage and lead a cross functional team of high performing engineers developing advanced systems designs and concepts.
- Apply new technologies as well as common designs and products enabling rapid development, prototyping and affordable solutions.
- Lead the development and execution of technical reviews
- Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that robust and compliant designs are developed
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
- Current active Secret clearance or higher
- Secret Clearance Periodic Re-investigation within the last 5 years
- BS in Engineering (or related) discipline
- Minimum of 14 years’ experience in systems and product development or 12 years’ experience with a Master’s degree or 9 years with a PhD
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills, decisiveness, and ability to make sound technical judgments with limited information
- Well-versed, skilled, and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Background in aerospace systems; working knowledge of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
Qualifications in any of the following areas:
- Experience in hardware/software integration of embedded systems
- Experience in MBSE modeling of system solutions
- Experience in GRA and WOSA architectural standards
- Working knowledge of missile propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of Low Observable technologies
- Familiarity with Operational Analysis and CONOPS development
- Familiarity with operational and system survivability analyses and methodologies
*Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach or snow ski at our local mountains. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
For more information, please click on this link below:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.