Systems Engineer – AARGM-ER Requirements Verification *Active Clearance*
Requisition ID: R10128418
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer - Requirements Verification to support the Missile Development and Production Integration for the AARGM-ER program to work with our talented Advanced Weapons team in Northridge, CA.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
The selected candidate will be required to work full-time, on-site in Northridge, CA. No remote/telework arrangement is available for this position.
The ideal candidate will be supporting the systems requirements verification effort as part of the Systems Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) for the AARGM-ER program and will work closely with various engineering functions to support requirements verification activities during the qualification test and integration phase. Successful candidates are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, aerospace team environment while possessing technical proficiency in analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and ability to interface across the different engineering teams. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing, developing verification artifacts with various stakeholders from different IPTs, and managing the system and subsystems requirements as part of this verification effort. Candidate will be expected to interface and brief: System Engineering IPT lead, Chief Engineers, and Program Management. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other functional teams as well as working with the program to meet the customer’s needs while ensuring all processes and procedures are followed closely.
In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
- Understand requirements for system architecture development and systems integration
- Support systems engineering requirements verification activities
- Generation and update of System and sub-system level specifications in DOORS (including requirements traceability)
- Update and maintenance of Requirements Verification Matrix (RVM), system drawings, and documents
- Engage with IPT members for development and operational lifecycle requirements
- Support various technical meetings, such as Material Review Boards (MRB), Change Control Board (CCB), Engineering Review Board (ERB), to understand the latest configuration(s) of the system/subsystem integration and designs
- Support System Verification Review (SVR) and other internal and external technical meetings
- Collaborate cross-functionally/IPTs and production team to document manufacturing/test requirements and constraints for missile production
- Generate manufacturing documentation, e.g., Acceptance Test Plans, Acceptance Test Procedures, Assembly Instructions, based on system/subsystem designs
- Support updates to Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Interface Change Notices (ICNs), technical manuals, technical specifications, and system/subsystem documentation for the customer/end user
- Coordinate engineering activities during system integration, test phases, and production
- Bachelor of Science in STEM field with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Active DoD security clearance
- Proven experience in communicating and collaborating across different technical disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively communicating (written and oral) within all levels of the company to include Program Management and Technical Staff
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment while ensuring the best decisions are made for the program
- Must be willing and able to work on-site in Northridge, CA on a full-time basis
- Experience in Missile/Weapon development/sustainment programs
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as IBM Rationale DOORS, Cameo, Rhapsody
- Experience in configuration management process using a product lifecycle management tool, e.g., Teamcenter, Windchill, StarTeam
- Experience with design in an aerospace environment
- Experience with military in aircraft weapons release systems or weapon systems
- Prior experience working in an AS9100 environment.
*Living in Northridge offers a perfect combination of urban living with the beauty of nature. It is a short drive away from downtown Los Angeles, the Hollywood Hills, or the rest of the San Fernando Valley.
Take advantage of your flexible work schedule to enjoy shopping at the local Northridge Fashion Center or spend time at the local Recreation Center as well as easy access to nearby protected natural areas such as the Chatsworth Reservoir, the Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park, Lake Balboa or within driving distance, spend a day at the beach or snow ski at our local mountains. With Cal State Northridge right in the heart of town, the area has an active college-town energy combined with family-friendly suburban charm. The stunning southern California climate makes for year-round easy living. With an average of 284 sunny days during the year, it is safe to say you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy your outdoor activities to the fullest.
For more information, please click on this link below:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.