Staff Systems Engineer – Leading Systems Engineering Effort on Rapid Concepts Advanced Missile Program **W/ ACTIVE CLEARANCE**
Requisition ID: R10130569
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We are currently seeking a Staff Systems Engineer – Leading Systems Engineering effort on Rapid Concepts Advanced Missile Program to lead the systems engineering efforts on one of missile programs with our talented Advanced Weapons team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the full systems engineering lifecycle of missile / weapon system development programs. They will also have the technical depth on one or more of the subsystems of missile/weapon system. This candidate will support the Program Manager on the proposal and program planning for the various systems engineering efforts. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other projects to leverage on existing technology as well as working with the program team to innovate system architecture to adapt to the industry and customer’s needs.
In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
- Lead system engineering team to support proposal and program planning; develop basis of estimates and support the development of the technical volume.
- Identify staffing and resource needs on the program; allocate available resources to best support the proposal and program activities
- Perform requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability, to translate customer requirements and CONOPS into systems requirements, and further allocate to lower-level requirements
- Perform functional analysis and systems trade studies for technical solutions with respect to concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Lead the effort of system/subsystems integration, test, and requirements verification activities
- Define and track system technical performance measurement
- Generate well-defined and executable system and subsystem requirements documents, interface documents, and test and verification documents
- Prepare system engineering materials during System Requirements Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, System Verification Review, Test Readiness Review, and other program reviews as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally/IPTs to establish and maintain coherent information among team members in an integrated digital environment
- Support the PM and Chief Engineer to make well-structed decisions for program execution.
- Act as an advisor to inter-organizational management and external customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
- Support Program Management activities to ensure cost and schedule objectives are met
- Manage critical subcontractors for the developing and testing of tactical missile technologies and delivery of quality products
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
This position is contingent upon available funding/program award.
The selected candidate for this position is required to be on-site in Northridge, CA.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of systems engineering experience; will consider Master of Science in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of twelve (12) years of systems engineering experience
- Must have technical leadership experience
- Must have experience in development/integration of multiple subsystems into a defense/weapon system
- Must have demonstrated experience in developing advanced technological ideas and guide their development into a final product
- Must have proven experience in communicating with all levels of peers, management, and customers in a methodical, detailed and process-oriented fashion.
- Must have experience with Requirements Management Tool, e.g., DOORS
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with periodic reinvestigation within the last five (5) years.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with Digital Engineering
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.