Staff Engineer Systems Test - Standardization Team Ground & Flight Op
Requisition ID: R10121178
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 50% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) Flight Test has an immediate opening for a Flight & Ground Operations subject matter expert (SME) for the Flight & Ground Operations Standardization Team (FGOST) supporting programs involved in Flight and ground Operations.
This position supports the Test and Evaluation (T&E) Directorate through execution of internal evaluations and procedural management for safety AND flight & ground ops on programs including, B-2A, E-2D, RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-4C Triton, MQ-8C Fire Scout, Firebird, Special Programs as well as experimental flying test beds.
This position requires a highly experienced SME in the field of flight operations and must possess expert knowledge of DCMA 8210.1 series, FAA Part 91, NGAS requirements and Processes operations requirements as it applies to all NGAS programs and fielded operations. This position will take a lead role for Flight Operations to ensure all aspects of flight operations are standardized across the NGAS sector. This individual is also expected to be qualified to evaluate Ground Operations and Safety Programs. This individual will promote a new paradigm with a governance model that establishes oversight of all NGAS Flight Operations. Requires approximately 50% travel globally.
Additional duties include process lead and instructor duties. As the FGOST Process Lead with oversight and management of the flight test operations database for all flight programs. Serves as liaison between Principles & Operating Practices (PrOP) Focal Points, PrOP Analyst, FGOST, Technical Disciplines, Site and Program Leadership, customer, and Government Flight Representative (GFR) for Flight Ground Contractor Operations Procedures (FGCOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Mishap Response Plans (MRPs), and Reference Documents. Instructor duties include becoming qualified to teach the use of the Safety Management System (SMS) and Safe & Just Culture.
The job duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Represent NGAS as the ground & flight operations SME at government and Industry working groups
- Audit Flight & Ground Test Programs and fielded operations annually, in accordance with DCMA 8210.1, FAA Part 91 and NGAS requirements relating to flight operations. Assist the programs and sites with resolution to audit findings, track and ensure closure.
- Conduct trend analysis for Ground & Flight Test and fielded operations audits, and work with the Flight Test Community of Practice on developing, implementing, and driving process improvements applicable to all Flight Test and fielded operations.
- Assist programs during GFR and AOI audits, and ensure programs appropriately to respond to any resultant corrective actions
- Support the Flight, Ground, Flight Test Engineer, & Mission Planner Operations Working Groups activities
- Participate in the Flight & Ground Operations & Standardization Working Group
- Participate in NG Airworthiness Working Groups
- Participate as a lead or team member with NGAS Flight Operations-related CPATS, CARs, RCCA and IRTs
- Manage all FGCOP)/Standard Operating Procedure(s) (SOP)/Mishap Response Plan(s) (MRP).
- Serve as FGOST representative supporting PrOP reviews, updates, cancellations to NGAS and Corporate procedures
- Supports FGCOP/SOP/MRP document owners through notification of reference documents requiring updates/review.
- Provides up-to date tracking and status management of FGCOP/SOP/MRP and referenced documentation for NGAS
- Manage Technical Operations Data Base including all FGCOPs, SOPs, MRPs, & Reference Documents
- Track Aviation Safety/incident/near miss statistics
- Track CPATS (CAR)/process escape statistics
- Track Audit Reports and Corrective Actions statistics
- Conduct trend analysis for all NGAS Flight Test and fielded operations audits, and work with the Flight Test Technical Discipline to develop, implement and drive process improvements applicable to all NGAS Flight Test and fielded operations.
- Manage Aircrew Training Record database and maintains pilot records in accordance with FAA and NG regulations.
- 14 Years with bachelor's in science in a STEM discipline; 12 Years with Masters of science in a STEM discipline; 9 Years with PhD
- Experience in ground and aircraft flight operations or flight test engineering
- Project Management experience
- Must have current Active DOD Secret security clearance, investigated within last 5 years, and the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- U.S. Military flight & ground operations or test experience
- Fluent with DCMA, DoD & FAA regulations and procedures
- Experience building intranet websites or databases for information, collaboration, and project tracking
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project to create reports, metrics development and tracking, present data to executives, management, and line personnel
- Excellent vertical and horizontal communication skills
- PMP certification or Degree
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.