Staff Communications Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10111997
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Communications Systems Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The Staff Communications Systems Engineer will support architecture trades, design analysis, and performance modeling through computer simulation. This individual will provide systems engineering support to hardware developments for air, space, and ground systems utilizing state-of-the-art antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronics technologies. Project roles span all phases of product development cycle, from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs delivering integrated hardware and software systems. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
Essential experience in the following areas:
- Communication systems
- RF and digital hardware design
- Baseband and digital signal processing
- Waveform design
- Signal detection and estimation
- Synchronization theory
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 14+ years of engineering experience OR a Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 12+ years of engineering experience OR a PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience
- Practical working experience with system architecture design, trade studies, and performance analysis and simulation
- Technical experience with supporting hardware development utilizing antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronic technologies
The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance at the Secret level or higher.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
- Completed relevant coursework in Communication Theory and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with baseband and digital signal processing, and waveform design
- Possess strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.