Mgr Systems Engineering 2 - Mission Operations Section Manager
Requisition ID: R10113136
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Burlington, Massachusetts, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 4
The Mission Operations Section Manager is responsible for providing functional leadership and direction to approximately 10 to 15 Mission Operations Engineers. The role is dual-hat, responsible for both section management (20% of time) and existing program responsibilities (80% of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Systems Engineering organization. The Section Manager will be the functional management point of contact at the programs for the Mission Operations (MO) Department and will support and implement activities for Space Systems initiatives, reporting directly to the MO Department Manager.
The individual selected for this role will be the first point of contact for performance issues on programs involving section members and will make decisions regarding required escalation and resources required for resolution. The job includes management of time keeping, performance reviews, staffing and resources planning, training, and overall engagement for their section.
This position can be filled at either our Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA or our Burlington, MA location.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensuring members have sufficient statement of work, balancing resources among programs, and verifying proper charging practices are followed including timecard approval
· Managing member performance, creating and delivering performance evaluations, overseeing the salary review process, and supervising employee development and mentoring efforts (including engagement strategies or corrective actions needed)
· Coordinating with programs to ensure appropriate staffing actions are developed and executed relative to their section, and managing employee movement between programs
· Program review and proposal support of Mission Operations-related SOW
· Meeting indirect budget targets and interpreting higher level guidance for implementation within the organization for process implementation and improvement
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- 7 Years of engineering experience with a Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree; 5 Years with a Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Active DoD Secret (or higher) with SSBI and/or current SCI
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering and/or Mission Operations
- MS in a STEM degree
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with current SCI
- Prior assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering, Mission Operations and/or Space Systems Programs
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.