Staff Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10121180
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
This Staff Systems Engineer Program Lead will help drive the development of the planned program execution effort, including cost, schedule, risk, and resources. The lead will support proposal development and development of related work statements and business plans. Candidate must be comfortable with briefing at the executive level and working independently with limited oversight. This role is a full-time position, functionally reporting through Program Integration.
The Motorhead program lead will assist with logistics and oversight to enable program leadership to achieve operational excellence with a focus on setting up for execution, support to multiple I&G OU captures and programs, and oversight of key program enabling functions such as security and facilities.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Lead overall program effort and strategy, including customer engagement and alignment
- Manage program cost, schedule, performance, and suppliers
- Participate in negotiating contracts and contract changes
- Builds a collective understanding of program risks, issues, and opportunities; shapes collaborative solutions to maximize performance of the organization
- Provides leadership, management, guidance, and oversight for matrixed personnel
- Strong collaboration across the portfolio teams and program community
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) with 14+ years of experience OR a Master's degree in STEM with 12+ years of relevant experience OR a PhD in STEM with 9+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience leading a team and supporting multiple programs
- Prior Cost Account Manager experience
- Prior proposal experience
- Prior technical operations or program integration experience
- Candidate must have SCI access and DoD Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Advanced Degree in STEM
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience presenting across all levels of leadership and customers
- Experience interfacing with senior management, peers, and employees
- Aptitude to develop and execute to a strategy
- Self-directed leader with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.