Manager Mission Architect Engineering 3 - Top Secret Clearance Required (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10123533
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
This position is for a Senior Manager of Engineering within the NG TSSD Systems Engineering Directorate. The selected candidate will be based in Los Angeles and will lead a TSSD SE staff. This Sr. Manager receives general strategic, business, and administrative direction from the Director of Mission Systems Engineering or Sr. Director of SE and has authority to make engineering decisions and recommendations that have an impact on new business, program performance, design, development, and mission operations.
In addition to performing Functional Manager duties, the selected candidate is expected to be mostly self-directed and leverage previous experience to both lead Spacecraft and/or Mission design, trades, analysis, requirements and verification activities, consistent with customer needs. The functional and personnel management duties are expected to be less than half-time, so the selected individual will also be expected to perform a significant amount of direct program or proposal support.
- Lead the technical-staff planning, assignments, career development, compensation planning and performance management for the assigned Systems Engineering staff
- Lead and participate in SE peer reviews and support formal program reviews.
- Identify SE skills & experience needed for program execution and participate in the recruiting, hiring and training of new SE staff
- Participate in developing solutions to complex analytical, design and test problems that meet program needs
- Support new business development, including review of technical and cost volumes, detailed BOEs and support capture review activities
- Direct and coordinate the development of system requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple program phases
- Take responsibility for activities, including pre-proposal analysis, proposal development, mission and system analysis, specification and interface development, design review, testing, problem resolution and customer interactions
- Prepare weekly status reports and periodic technical reports for senior management to document individual and collective program(s) and BD status
- Collaborate with production and I&T to determine the engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness of both new and existing products
- Direct and review the work of SE staff, ensuring its completeness, accuracy and adherence to sound technical procedures
- Support EVMS baseline generation, tracking/maintenance and variance analysis for programs within the business unit
- Perform related management duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of SE or VP of Engineering
Functional personnel management of 15-30 SEs/subject-matter experts and possibly subordinate managers.
WRITTEN AND VERBAL CONTACT:
The candidate will work with cross-discipline team members and therefore must have excellent communication skills, presentation experience and the ability to work seamlessly with a diverse community of engineers and managers to achieve the goals of the systems team.
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university plus 10 years of applicable experience, or a Masters Degree plus 5 years of applicable experience
- Must have US Citizenship with active or current TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI
- Extensive technical experience in systems engineering and integration of space systems. Minimum of 10 years of experience (or 5 years with an MS degree) in space systems design, development, manufacture, test or operations, including 2 years of project or small team leadership positions
- Functional engineering management in aerospace
- System engineering requirement/verification tools and processes
- Requirements development and management processes
- Development and maintenance of interface control documents and related processes
- Space system/mission analysis and design
- Space system testing and evaluation (flight and ground testing)
- Personnel development, performance assessments, mentoring and conflict resolution
- Experience with Spacecraft Mission Operations
- Experience with and Training in EVMS
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.