Principal Mission Architect Engineer - Top Secret Clearance Required (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10123537
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
This position will be the payload systems engineer for a new space mission. The specific responsibilities of this position will be to manage the technical and functional interfaces of one or more payloads to the system. Work products include Development of specific ICDs and managing giver-receiver materials, review and approval of bus accommodation documents, development of functional and performance test scripts with the payload vendor(s), identification and tailoring of mechanical and environmental constraints and requirements. Analysis roles include supporting the science, experiment, and mission planning for the payload(s). Position will evaluate mission performance and orbital operation of the payload(s).
The successful candidate will perform system trades, modeling, simulation and analysis focused on payload performance and capability to assess space mission architecture alternatives for delivering a Customer mission effect, data or capability as it fits within a broader campaign. Will lead the payload element integration, capability assessment, mission threads, interface definitions, verification/validation planning, and mission integration functions during system development.
General Job Responsibilities:
1. Create system requirements and manage requirement changes in configuration-controlled databases under self direction using established guidelines.
2. Create and manage original and revised specification/interface definition documents for payload(s) and get approval of documents through the configuration management process.
3. Create and manage the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, ensure data products are correct and that it satisfies each system requirement.
4. Create and modify project level management tracking reports.
5. Participate in proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering projects (proposals and ECPs).
6. Provide data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies)and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
7. Create and manage changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
8. Create and manage System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
9. Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
10. Lead aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
11. Create and manage changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines. Can identify issues with model.
12. Define and develop system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
13. Lead or support the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
14. Direct and/or Run existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
15. Prepare and present materials during major system milestone reviews.
16. Lead and prepare trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
17. Perform cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance, SCI eligible
• BS degree in Engineering, Science or related technical field and at least 7 years of applicable experience, an MS Degree and 7 years of applicable experience, or a PhD Degree and 2 years of applicable experience.
• Systems engineering experience
Preferred Experience (one or more areas desired):
• Experience with a space development program
• Experience presenting to customers
• Experience working with a cross-discipline team
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.