Northrop Grumman (DOD SkillBridge) Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer TS required
Requisition ID: R10124498
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Dulles, Virginia, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identifies as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 . NG-MIP is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.– Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We have an opening for a Systems Engineer (level 2) or Principal Systems Engineer (level 3) to join our qualified, diverse team. We are seeking a team member who wants to solve interesting, complex problems to help protect our nation. We are a trusted mission payload and ground system provider with extensive experience providing end-to-end mission solutions from concept through operations and support. The team you will support is located in El Segundo, CA or Dulles, VA.
What you’ll get to do?
As a Systems Engineer, you will support the Ground Systems Engineering Integration and Test Team to refine requirements in support of the verification campaign and coordinate with customers to ensure alignment to contractually required product deliveries and documentation.
Some key tasks:
- Work with product owners to ensure product roadmaps align with needed integration schedule and build plans
- Support customer briefings on status of development, verification, and other technical subjects requiring closure.
- Work with team to pull together the entire set of artifacts for a capability (requirements, OpsCon, system design, interfaces, etc)
- (level 2) Bachelor's degree in STEM with 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in STEM with 0 years of relevant experience
- (level 3) Bachelor's degree in STEM with 5 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in STEM with 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes, requirements decomposition
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering languages (SysML/UML), Cameo and concepts
- Familiarity with DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Experience with UI/UX
- Working knowledge of satellite ground stations
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance with the ability to obtain Special Program Access
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.