Systems Architect Engineer (Principal Level; Secret Clearance Required; Redondo Beach, CA)
Requisition ID: R10126589
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role you will be collaborating with cross-functional engineering teams to establish architecture content and develop solutions that achieve customer intent. It will require you to demonstrate good communication skills, systems thinking, and the ability to capture technical design in MBSE architecture products.
- Developing system architectures
- Defining key capabilities and performance requirements
- Decomposing functionality
- Defining interfaces in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Educational assistance is available to employees who want to continue to learn and develop skills/knowledge. Our educational assistance program supports employee development by providing resources such as:
- Free Education Advice: Call 855-222-2398 to speak with an experienced advisor to tailor an educational program to your career goals and needs.
- Tuition Savings at Accredited Schools: Access a network of accredited schools in a variety of locations (and online) to take advantage of reduced tuition costs and waived fees.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Basic Qualifications for the Principal Engineer Level:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline AND 5 years of related professional/military experience in MBSE or Systems Engineering OR a Master's degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of related professional/military experience in MBSE or Systems Engineering OR a Ph.D with related professional/military/academic experience in MBSE or Systems Engineering.
- Must have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
- Experience developing MBSE artifacts such as behavior diagrams (activity, sequence, or state machine) and structure diagrams (block definition and internal block diagrams) in SysML, DoDAF/UPDM, or UAF
- Ability to analyze architectures and develop MBSE views in DoDAF/UPDM or SysML
- Experience with parametric diagrams and linkage between MBSE tools and Analytical models such as Matlab.
- Experience using an MBSE tool, such as Cameo Enterprise Architecture or MagicDraw, IBM Rhapsody, PTC Integrity or Windchill Modeler, or Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Experience with Systems Engineering activities, such as functional analysis, requirements development and decomposition, interface definition, or verification
- Experience with DOORs or other requirements management tool and integration with MBSE software
- Experience with military aircraft architectures and the military aerospace design environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to interface and present to customers.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.