Mgr Systems Engineering 3 - Comm Payload SE & CAM - TS/SCI
Requisition ID: R10127731
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Communications Payload Systems Engineering & Cost Account Manager. This position is responsible for leading IPT managers and individual contributors supporting business, schedule, I&T integration, and risk/opportunity tracking. This CAM role manages ~$180M scope with ownership of the payload portfolio sales ~$500M across the programs within the Business Unit. There are 5 reporting IPT managers into this role, ~45 heads within the monthly CAM responsibility, and a staff of 4 full-time personnel.
The Payload SE CAM is responsible for staffing and guiding the team through payload and subsystem integration and requirements sell-off. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Leading Integrated Program Teams (IPTs) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for payload development, integration and test
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and verification of payload requirements for sell-off
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline with 9+ years of engineering experience OR Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline with 7+ years of engineering experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline with 5+ years of engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical leadership/lead role
- Cost Account Management experience
- Domain experience with spacecraft or space systems and communications payload integration
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances: Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 5 years OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
- Experience managing a technology portfolio of approximately $500 million
- DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI access
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.