Systems Engineer; Advanced Weapons Munitions Development and Analysis Lead (Staff Engineer Level; Active Secret Clearance Required; Redondo Beach, CA)
Requisition ID: R10127961
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Staff Systems Munition Lead for the Advanced Weapons Campaign to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our South Bay Aircraft Design Center organization. This role is located in Redondo Beach, California.
In this role, you will work with subject matter experts, analysts, architects, designers, system engineers, and specialty engineers to capture weapon structure and behavior. This will require integrity, respect, organization, and effective communication.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Educational assistance is available to employees who want to continue to learn and develop skills/knowledge. Our educational assistance program supports employee development by providing resources such as:
- Free Education Advice: Call 855-222-2398 to speak with an experienced advisor to tailor an educational program to your career goals and needs.
- Tuition Savings at Accredited Schools: Access a network of accredited schools in a variety of locations (and online) to take advantage of reduced tuition costs and waived fees.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Participating in technical planning, verification and validation development, cost and risk considerations, and requirements analyses for integrated systems
- Preparing and presenting content in internal and customer reviews, support CDRL deliveries
- Developing unifying model techniques, procedures, and processes (for model development, tool integration, and team integration)
- Generating and maintaining models in Cameo EA
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 14 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering with a related background in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE); OR a Master’s degree in a STEM discipline with 12 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering with a related background in MBSE; OR a PhD in a STEM discipline with 9 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering with a related background in MBSE.
- Must have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Cameo EA experience (or similar tool)
- Experience with Company and DoD explosives/munitions handling, transportation, and storage logistics.
- A minimum 3 years of multi-disciplinary team leadership/management
- Familiarity with IADS software and IRIG-106 standards.
- Experience with MIL-STD-882E and Non-Nuclear Munitions Safety Board (NNMSB).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in weapons development programs for the Army or Navy
- Familiarity with environmental specifications for weapon systems (e.g. ATPD-2404, MIL-STD-810)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.