Systems Engineering Manager 3
Requisition ID: R10134249
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to support the Systems Analysis and Simulation (SA&S) organization in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will serve as deputy manager for SA&S Air Dominance Mission (ADM) engineering and will lead teams in planning and performing multi-disciplinary modeling, simulation, and analysis (MS&A) projects involving: systems engineering, logistics and cost analysis, and operational effectiveness analyses (leveraging engagement, mission, and campaign level simulation). SA&S ADM supports Aeronautics Sector programs related to the Next Generation Air Dominance “family of systems” concept, currently including Air Dominance Division pursuits, the Autonomous Collaborative Platform (ACP) enterprise, and elements of Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2).
ADM analysis projects are dominated by concept development, design refinement, and strategic shaping in pursuit of wining new programs and expanding current equities. Key products are analysis of alternatives, system architecture definitions & requirements analyses, engineering trade studies, and system-of-systems simulations - as necessary to ensure (and demonstrate) the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements (and constraints) into total system solutions.
Of note, a key challenge of ADM project management is that many projects require work to be structured across - multiple - restricted security caveats.
Responsibilities of the role include: leadership of a multi-site MS&A team (coordinating statement of work for 20+ engineers), providing technical oversight of multiple operational analysis projects, managing project cost and schedule, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to meet project expectations, presenting results to decision makers, and fostering the growth of a team of highly skilled and enthusiastically engaged engineers.
Candidate should have strong analytic and communication skills, be highly motivated to work on consequential national defense projects, and be able to work with a team in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
Candidate will benefit from familiarity with a broad set of the following disciplines and knowledge: engagement-level analysis, mission effectiveness analysis, systems/payloads trade studies, force-level effectiveness analysis; military logistics, force-level cost analysis, analysis of alternatives; system-of-systems simulation development (constructive, virtual); model-based system engineering, system requirements analysis; autonomy, threat systems, electronic warfare, survivability, track fusion, combat ID, missile systems, fighter concepts of operation.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
- Bachelor’s in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject area from an accredited university and at least 9 years of related experience; or a Master's degree in STEM subject area from an accredited university and at least 7 years of related experience; or a PhD in STEM in STEM subject area from an accredited university and at least 5 years of related experience
- At least 3 years team leadership experience with the ability to cultivate, lead, develop and grow a diverse, multi-discipline team of technical experts to model, analyze and develop physics-based System of Systems mission simulations.
- Understanding of Agile Software Development.
- Active Top Secret clearance is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency).
- MS+ in STEM degree
- 10+ Years experience
- Experience in Mission Analysis and Constructive Simulation of air combat systems
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives & force-level Cost-Effectiveness analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing product visions and fostering effective engineering teams
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing insights from multiple data sources
- Recent military experience in planning or executing joint air combat operations (highly desired, but not required)
- ACP enterprise program experience highly desired, but not required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.