Systems Engineer (HMI/UX; Sr. Principal Level; Active Top Secret Clearance Required; San Diego, CA)
Requisition ID: R10121443
- Category: Engineering
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Systems Engineering organization. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The Human Machine Interface (HMI) Solution Architect will be responsible for developing the vision for and alignment of all HMI and UX delivered by the Mission Systems (MS) Technical Area. The selected candidate will serve as a primary HMI POC and visionary for all MS solutions. The HMI Solution Architect will report to the MS Chief Architect.
Essential functions include:
- reviewing existing Human Machine Interfaces
- defining and implementing improvements to simplify workflows and interfaces to increase user efficiencies.
- working with the other Solution Architects, Thread Leads and Scrum Masters across all disciplines to define and ensure all HMI stories meet the acceptance criteria
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Educational assistance is available to employees who want to continue to learn and develop skills/knowledge. Our educational assistance program supports employee development by providing resources such as:
- Free Education Advice: Call 855-222-2398 to speak with an experienced advisor to tailor an educational program to your career goals and needs.
- Tuition Savings at Accredited Schools: Access a network of accredited schools in a variety of locations (and online) to take advantage of reduced tuition costs and waived fees.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering or a master’s degree and 7 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering or a PhD and 4 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to the commencement of employment.
- Ability to understand complex workflows and system requirements, apply human factors to develop SRS and HRS requirements and user stories to implement the MS HMIs
- Experience generating detailed interface mockups to support scrum team implementation
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation and training materials for complex HMIs
- Experience defining, implementing HMIs for large and complex systems-of-systems
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage tasks from multiple organizations and complete with limited oversight
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Java, JavaFX, Swing and Angular
- Experience in the development of user applications
- Experience working with Agile constructs as a Product Owner
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to generate HMIs that balance user efficiency, complexity, development cost and schedule
- Demonstrated broad technical expertise in multiple technology areas
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.