Staff Network Architect Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128247
- Category: Engineering
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our organization is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Staff Network Architect Engineer based out of San Diego, CA. As a Staff Network Architect Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You’ll get to Do:
The selected individual will play a critical role in the design, development, and delivery of the program’s network architecture.
Roles & Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, minimal supervision, and collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Work closely with engineers and technicians in a lab environment
- Advise on integration of new emerging industry technologies to the program’s systems
- Implement engineering changes to the system as required
- Manage CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure and applications
- Review, analyze, and incorporate technical requirements into end-to-end system architectures
- Responsible for completing the network designs and coordinating with the peers, SMEs, and government engineers.
- Assist proposal development by providing data inputs
- Execute engineering projects on schedule in a DevOps environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in science, engineering, or related discipline with 13 years of experience; OR 11 years of relevant experience with a Masters (MS) degree OR a minimum of 8+ years of experience with STEM PhD degree; an additional 4 years of relevant experience/education can be considered in lieu of a Bachelors Degree.
- Solid understanding of IP address planning, VRFs, ACLs, encapsulation, switching, routing, QoS, NAT, service, and application protocols
- Experience with authentication and data encryption methods, to include securing communications at either the datalink or network layer
- Experience with IT infrastructure management/monitoring tools (e.g., WhatsUpGold, Splunk, SolarWinds, Cisco Secure Servers - ISE) and techniques
- Experience with network architecture on developmental programs
- Possess one or more of the following certifications (or equivalent): CCNA, CCNP, or JNCIP-ENT
- Clearance: Candidate must currently have, and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government DOD Secret Clearance; as well as ability to obtain special access program (SAP)
- Demonstrated success investigating root cause analysis and providing recommendations to others
- Experience using spine & leaf architectures using LXLAN fabric and BGP-EVPN
- Experience with terrestrial and space-based network architectures, designs, and implementation techniques
- Experience with IDSs/IPSs, and CDS
- Experience with HAIPE encryption
- Experience with cloud/hybrid infrastructures and related technologies
- Proficiency in network modeling with programs such as Visio, MagicDraw, or Cameo
- Current DoD 8570/8140 IA Certification (Security+CE or similar) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Active Top Secret clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.