Staff Systems Architect
Requisition ID: R10128259
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States of America | Annapolis, Maryland, United States of America | Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States of America | Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America+ 3 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
- Perform requirements development, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Support the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Generation and updating of System and sub-system level specifications in DOORS, including creation of Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM) and verification traceability (tracing requirements to test plans/procedures/results)
- Update and maintain system drawings and documents such as Interface Control Documents, Arrangement Drawings, etc.
- Participate/Lead and coordinate preparation, conduct and closeout for internal and external customer reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, IRR, TRR, etc.)
- Support the creation and refinement of Model Based System Engineering products (System behavioral models, Use Case realizations, State Machines, etc.)
The ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously. You are committed and enjoy a collaborative approach. You demonstrate strategic big picture thinking along with sound decision making and good judgments. You have effective oral and written communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 14 years relevant experience; or Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 12 years relevant work experience; or a PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 9 years relevant work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- First-hand experience with requirements and interface management.
- Experience designing and developing system architectures and key capabilities and performance requirements.
- Experience with system drawings and documents such as Interface Control Documents, System/Subsystem Specifications, Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM), etc.
- Experience with system engineering tools such as IBM Rational DOORS.
- First-hand experience with MBSE concepts and tools (MagicDraw and / or Cameo preferred).
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
- Understanding and knowledge of Agile (SCRUM) techniques and activities.
- Design and operational knowledge of Navy programs.
- Ability to read and interpret government or military specifications.
- Experience with proposals.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.