Sentinel (GBSD) Flight Test Execution Manager 3 - 4589-1
Requisition ID: R10118689
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Flight Test Execution Manager 3 to join its team of diverse professionals in support of the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This leadership role is in Vandenberg SFB, CA, with occasional travel to Roy and Promontory, UT, (25%).
What you will get to do:
• Manage and lead multiple campaign teams consisting of flight test engineers who perform system-level tests on the Sentinel Aerospace Vehicle and Launch Equipment
• Responsible for overseeing control account managers, statement of work mapping, contract compliance, company policy adherence, metrics collection, and reporting
• Develop, perform, and document tests, including test planning, test conduct, data analysis and post-test results as part of the Flight Test Team
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, schedule, risk, and supportability/effectiveness analyses for systems
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program
• Verify specifications and designs through testing, test data processing, modeling and simulation and performance analysis
• Support all phases of the system lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Create technical reports and present test and analysis results
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment
• Interface with internal and external customers
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Friday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 8+ years of relatable work experience, or a Masters Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 6+ years of relatable work experience
- 2+ years of Flight Test Experience
3+ years in a formal lead/management position leading small to medium teams
Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and SAP.
- Active Top Secret Clearance granted within the last 6 years
- Prior ICBM or missile/rocket flight test experience with a successful track record of program performance, interpersonal team building skills, and cross-functional management experience.
- Possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
- Strong program technical leadership skills
- Familiarity with processes and systems for test telemetry, system safety, and range safety
- Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
- Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.