Sentinel (GBSD) Flight & Ground Test Operations Manager 3- 4589-2
Requisition ID: R10125631
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Vandenberg AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Flight & Ground Test Operations Senior Manager 3. This position will be located in Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This manager will lead a diverse team of 50+ Engineers, Technicians, and subcontractors performing flight testing of the Sentinel (GBSD) missile weapon system.
This role is responsible for technical and programmatic execution of development test operations at Vandenberg SFB, CA, and other program locations as required.
The Test Operations Manager is responsible for designing, building, procuring, maintaining, preparing, and/or using flight test infrastructure, support equipment, and missile weapon system hardware and software. This will include leading or directing test operations to make missile launch equipment and air vehicle equipment ready for flight test, developing detailed test procedures, and conducting acceptance testing.
The Manager is responsible for control account management, statement of work mapping, contract compliance, company policy adherence, and safety.
The Manager sets & operates to objectives by providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives & company policy.
The Test Engineering Manager responsibilities include planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract.
• Must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral / written communication skills.
• Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
• Strong program technical leadership skills
• Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
• Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to top level of performance.
• Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relatable work experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 3 years in a formal lead/management position
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• 3+ years experience with weapon system testing.
• Ability to travel for up to 10% of your time.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field, with 12+ years of relatable work experience
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Strong Earned Value Management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage budgets, plan/schedule work in control accounts, and prepare performance reports.
• Experience in leading a cross-functional technical team of employees to successful test execution.
• Experience in flight test operations, especially missile program flight testing and acceptance test procedures.
• Experience using and maintaining test support equipment, and large missile handling equipment.
• Experience with missile processing and leading safe operations with energetic materials.
• Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes, including test plan and test procedure development.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, requirements decomposition and allocation in tools such as DOORS database.
• Understanding of Northrop Grumman or aerospace industry test processes and tools.
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, and experience working with a requirements modeling tool such as CAMEO.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.