Principal Systems Engineer Test/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration
Requisition ID: R10116314
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer Test/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration for their Aurora, CO location. As a part of the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) team, an Integration & Test engineer gains an understanding of the Systems Engineering process across a product's lifecycle and gains a full appreciation for how the systems operate.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to complete tasks with little direction and oversight. They will be an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics, integrity.
Responsibilities for an Integration & Test Engineer include software deployment, testing and troubleshooting the environment, Reading error logs, and coordinate corrections with the development team. Additional responsibilities may include an understanding of test plans, test procedures, test automation, test reports, and execution of integration test activities in System Integration Labs (SILs) or offsite locations.
This requisition may be filled at a higher job grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration or a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; 3 years with a Masters; 0 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current DoD Top Secret
Basic Qualifications for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Test - Integration:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience; 7 years with a Masters; 4 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current DoD Top Secret
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Current Security+ certification
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Python, Linux, and SQL
- Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Experience working and design verification test plans and procedures
- Agile development experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI & polygraph is preferred
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.