Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10121012
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Mission Exploitation Operating Unit (MEXOU) is looking for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to lead a Project Area that consists of hardware and software that will be designed, built, and deployed worldwide. As the lead systems engineer, you will be responsible for scope, cost, and schedule of this effort. In this role you are expected to interface with the customer and multiple program managers in designing and delivery the product to multiple customers. This position will be located in Aurora, CO.
Roles and responsibilities:
- System concept development
- IPT Lead and CAM
- New Program acquisition through Basis of Estimate development and proposal support
- Elicitation and specification of functional requirements, and decomposition and traceability of those requirements
- Mentor and direct junior staff efforts to meet program deadlines
- Performance analysis and specification
- Architecture Trade Studies
- Synthesize and extend architectures
- Allocate functionality to components
- Definition of interfaces, and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Detailed Design Analysis; May also involve test design
- Use modern model-based systems engineering approaches that make extensive use of Systems Modeling Language (SysML) skills; integrate M&S analysis models with descriptive models
- Determine task schedules and levels of effort needed to meet program goals
- Communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Provide weekly program status to PMO and key stakeholders
- Drive Hardware base product development from concept to deployment
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
- Demonstrated experience quickly learning new concepts and approaches
- EVMS and IPT lead experience
- Experience with Agile development
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and willing to submit to a polygraph
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarity with space vehicle ground segment design
- Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering languages (SysML/UML) and concepts
- Excellent technical writing and team building skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.