Staff Engineer Systems
Requisition ID: R10127333
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Exploitation Operating Unit (MEXOU) is seeking to fill at Systems Test Lead Position located in Aurora, CO.
Successful candidates will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve a sustainable top performance. She/He will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics, integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Roles & Responsibilities for the Systems Test Lead Role:
- Responsible for the complete integration and test effort from development, integration, to deployment of program assets.
- Coordinates shared facility utilization for Test Planning
- Develops and maintains the Test and Integration Master Plan
- Performs short and long term planning and schedule maintenance
- Serves as the Cost Account Manager for I&T activities on the program
- Interfaces with our customers, program offices and subcontractors
- Reviews and approves engineering products to ensure manufacturability
- Supports all review boards, tiger teams, , deep dives, and milestone reviews.
- Serve on and participate in program SRR, PDR, CDR and TRR as required
- Provides Problem Solving Expertise and capability to mentor the team in problem solving skills
- Support Metrics for Quality, Schedule, Cost and Productivity for the Test Area. Continuous Process Improvement
- Bachelor's + 14 years of exp; Master's + 12 years of exp: PhD + 9 years of exp 4 additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary organizations.
- Experience working requirements process.
- Knowledge of SW and HW test planning
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and technical presentation experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Extensive experience within Integration & Test organizations
- Familiarity/experience with CAM roles & Responsibilities
- Experience leading cross-functional organizations.
- Doors and JIRA experience
- Experience using Agile processes and methodology.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.