Sentinel (GBSD) - Wing Data Simulator Principal Systems Engineer - 10011
Requisition ID: R10116952
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems currently has an opening for a Wing Data Simulator Principal Systems Engineer. This opening is on the Command and Launch (C&L) team supporting requirements management activities. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The Wing Data Simulator project is developing a complex Software/Hardware modeling and simulation capability that will be used to test the GBSD weapon system. This position will perform systems engineering in a dynamic, fast-moving environment using the Agile (Scrum) framework. The WDS project is in the early stages of development, so this position will immediately be contributing to the early stages of the systems engineering V: use case definition, architecture/design, and requirements decomposition. As the project matures, this position will have exposure to the entire development lifecycle, including integration, test, and deployment. As a systems engineer on WDS, this position will work closely with software development scrum teams to define future development requirements and architecture. Experience with software projects is useful but not required. Experience with major customer design reviews (e.g., CDR) is helpful, as this position will contribute to/lead the preparation of design materials for major reviews. Major tools used by the team include the Atlassian suite, DOORS, and Cameo.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Principal Systems Engineer: bachelor’s degree in science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 5 years’ experience; 3 years’ experience with a Masters’ degree; or 0 years’ experience with a PhD
- 2 years of experience in Aerospace, Software, Computer, and/or System Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD Secret Clearance with an investigation date within the last 6 years.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) Clearance
- 1 year of experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- 1 year of experience with Agile development
- 1 year of experience with Scrum methodology
- 1 year of experience with DevOps
- Experience in Agile leadership positions (Scrum Master or Product Owner)
- One or more of SysML, DoDAF
- Experience with requirements development and verification
- Modeling experience using Cameo.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS.
- Experience with software requirements
- Experience with software engineering concepts and domain
- Experience preparing for and presenting at customer gate reviews such as CDR.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.