Staff Engineer Systems - Mission Operations Lead - TS/SCI Clearance (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10125051
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
This position is for a full-time technical and leadership role located Colorado Springs, CO. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be capable of leading a diverse team of engineers/operators responsible for executing LEOPS, Mission Rehearsals, and On-Orbit Operations
- Serve as a Technical Advisor and mentor to government and contractor satellite operations team members
- Lead technical presentations, risk analysis and technical interface meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones
- Work with systems engineers to develop operational documentation, such as scripts and procedures, for use during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of satellites
- Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies
- Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other products derived from vendor provided documentation
- Coordinate with systems engineers on test procedures and test execution for system level, end-to-end, and on-orbit tests with the spacecraft
- Lead mission readiness activities including mission rehearsals, mission timeline development, and post launch test development
- Support launch activities, including some shift work, for spacecraft LEOPS/On-Orbit Testing
- Define ground coverage requirements to complete satellite vehicle commissioning
- Support anomaly resolution efforts, as required
- Support training development efforts, as required
- Support internal and external customer meetings through proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel) communications.
- May require shift work; travel ~ 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related STEM degree with 14 + years of experience
- Active or current Top Secret/SCI clearance required
- Experience supporting readiness activities to include; Mission Readiness Tests (MRTs), Mission Rehearsals (MRs), Day In The Life (DITL) and daily operations testing
- Experience with planning/executing rehearsals and/or LEOP activities
- Prior experience conducting on-orbit mission operations and resolving satellite and ground system anomalies
- System design experience including the development of system design documents
- Experience writing technical documents for external customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers at milestone reviews
- Prior experience with Mission Planning or Command and Control (C2) for large constellations of satellite vehicles
- Prior experience working with the Northrop Grumman ESPAStar and ESPASat satellite platforms
- Prior experience with virtualized deployment of LINUX based ground control software onto a ground system infrastructure
- Experience with MAESTRO or RAPTOR command and control software
- Familiarity with automation or “Lights Out” satellite operations
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.