Principal Systems Engineer- (23-488)
Requisition ID: R10126748
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Engineer Systems – Systems Engineer (23-488) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Colorado Springs, CO.
The successful candidate will perform use case development and prepare systems engineering artifacts to implement customer-requested capabilities. Support the development and review of interface documents, system requirements, Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) development, architectural documentation, system engineering estimates, and author and perform formal and informal engineering reviews. Candidate needs to have the ability to be flexible to support various tasks on short notice.
Work will be performed under the direction of various technical leads and product owners and require interfacing with team members, C2BMC management, and government customers to ensure high-quality products are generated on time and within the resources available. Additional responsibilities include reviewing the content and details of technical products and acting as a technical interface to MDA working-level counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Possess the ability to be part of an integrated team tasked with developing and maintaining the physical, functional, and technical requirements baselines necessary to describe the desired capabilities of an evolving MDS Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) system.
- Demonstrated experience in mission analysis with skill in developing use cases, sequence diagrams, and SysML modeling in support of MBSE.
- Experience with Agile Methods and Epic and Feature definition is a significant plus.
- Requirements elicitation, derivation, and decomposition to lower-level subsystems and components.
- Maintenance of system and component baselines in a requirement management system
- Defining the relationships between internal and external components
- Communicating system-level use cases and associated Epics and Feature relationships to a diverse group of customers, developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
- Skills generating system/element level functional, performance, and interface specifications to document and control the achievement of the desired capabilities
Please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume, if applicable.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain a TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 3 years with a Master’s degree.
- Reviewing the content and details of technical products and acting as a technical interface to MDA working-level counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Active TS clearance is highly desired with SCI eligibility
- Possessing a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA) is highly desired.
- Skills in logical architecture modeling, interface definition, and knowledge of cyber security concepts and security accreditation are highly desirable.
- Experience with other Space Domain and Missile Defense Systems is highly desired.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.