Manager Systems Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10130435
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 2 – Agile Release Train (ART) Product Manager to join our team in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) on the Warfighter Simulations and Services (WSS) ART. The WSS ART offers opportunities to support the U.S. Missile Defense System through the development of Modeling and Simulation applications used in warfighter training and exercises, concept evaluation, developmental engineering, testing and verification, and assessment.
This position requires an engineering manager experienced in Kanban/backlog management and requirements development to support the WSS ART value streams. The job location is in Colorado Springs, CO, but also requires work to be conducted at Schriever Space Force Base.
Candidate will lead a team of product owners, systems engineers, analysts, test engineers, and software developers in long-term planning for ART capabilities and assist the teams in planning, designing, developing, testing, and documenting product line features. Primary responsibilities include developing requirements, prioritizing the ART backlog, and documenting capabilities. This role will guide roadmap and vision for the Missile Defense Advanced Simulation (MDASim), Missile Defense Space Warning Tool (MDST), and the Tactical Emulation for Software-in-the-Loop Assessment (TESLA) products. Additionally, this position will require coordination across operational, simulation, and user community to design and deploy new features and enhancements to new and existing applications and includes interfacing with WSS customers and presenting technical briefings to WSS stakeholders.
Candidates without current Secret clearance cannot be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or a related technical degree and 9 years related experience with 3 year of missile defense specific experience.
- DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies and maintaining ART backlog.
- Experience in development and maintaining requirements and technical documentation.
- Functional Management experience.
- Risk and Opportunity management experience.
- Experience with government defense contract development and execution.
- Experience with the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Proficient in Agile software development methodologies including SAFe.
- Experience in Atlassian Tool Suite.
- Master’s Degree in engineering discipline.
- DoD TS/SCI clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.