Principal Systems Engineer (23-383)
Requisition ID: R10117006
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America | Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Engineer Systems – Systems Engineer (23-383) T39503
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will serve on the Global Tracking Team and participate in writing, unit/integration testing, debugging, integrating, and documenting algorithms.
- Heavy software - Assisting with conceptualizing algorithms and rapidly prototype implementation
- Data analysis in pursuit of a resolution to address defective/undesirable system behavior
- Architecture & algorithm presentation to team / team-external audience
If applicable, please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- 5 Years with Bachelor’s degree in STEM; 7 years’ experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Experience with Linux-based Java development - Broad understanding of software design patterns - Familiarity in reading and writing in UML / SysML notation
- Matlab & Apache Maven experience
- Higher-level mathematical concepts
- Academic or professional experience with RF/IR tracking concepts
- Knowledge of Command & Control / Missile Defense domains
- Desired - Active TS Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.