Sr Principal Engineer Test (23-476)
Requisition ID: R10125983
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr Principal Engineer Test – Automated Test Engineer (23-476) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
This role will need experience in automated testing, including authoring scripts, building tools to capture output, and being able to maintain an automated test suite. Integrate JEMINI Lab test suites in our development lab. Develop configurations to support tests and prototypes of developing systems.
Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from log files; perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data; troubleshoot both test and prototype issues; document test results and prepare test status documentation; author Spiral and build-level test plan documents and procedures; create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues; assist software development personnel with the investigation and resolution of issues; develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around documents; develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities; plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements and sensors; review and provide feedback of system specifications, development, test, network documents as necessary; attend meetings with customers, etc. and represent the Integration team.
- Experience with Systems/Security Integration and System/Software Testing, including virtualized environments.
- Experience in the integration of system components within an integrated test environment
- Working knowledge of system design, system security design, and overall integration into an operational environment; high proficiency with VMware, virtual servers, and UNIX, including shell scripting
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- Working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test execution.
- Must have experience with Requirements development/collaboration, Use case development/collaboration, Technical writing, Communication/presentation skills
Please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume, if applicable.
- An active Top Secret clearance is required to start.
- 9 years with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; 13 years experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience as an SW Tester/Integrator
- Hands-on experience with DoD integration processes, Agile and DevOps methodologies, and automated test tools. Desired experience includes:
- Responsible for maintaining configuration management of a set of lab machines dedicated to specific development activities
- Knowledge of Containerized Virtual Environments Preferred
- Some travel to customer sites (e.g., EUCOM, CENTCOM) and contractor sites (e.g., Huntsville) may be required.
- Experience in an Anti-Tamper development environment is highly desired
- Scripting/automation (Perl) Design of experiments Analysis Leadership/test director Monte Carlo Regression testing Linux Bash SQL Matlab is desired
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.