Principal Automated Test Engineer - (23-475)
Requisition ID: R10126739
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Engineer Test – Automated Test Engineer (23-475) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be out of Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
The C2BMC-Global JEMINI Program immediately needs an Automated Test Engineer to assist with the Verification and Validation of the C2BMC-G system and support HWIL testing with external elements. The ideal candidate will be required to operate the C2BMC-G system, have knowledge of and ensure the required system configuration is correct for test execution, be capable of navigating display screens, and communicate the concept of system operations to other engineers. Develop any supplemental procedures required to ensure successful test execution.
This position will participate in software design and peer reviews, execute manual and automated tests, and perform analysis of C2BMC implementation in an integrated environment or test specific capabilities for interfaces or infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., Internal Messaging, control and monitoring, message and display recording and playback, failover processing).
- Must understand systems engineering processes and logistics principles, including artifact generation (e.g., specifications, Interface Control Documents, System Architecture Descriptions, Use Cases, Trade Studies, etc.).
- Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from log files - Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data.
- Troubleshoot both test and prototype issues.
- Document test results and prepare test status documentation
- Author segment and build-level test plan documents and procedures
- Create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues
- Assist software development personnel with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around documents
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities
- Plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements and sensors
- Review and provide feedback on system specifications, development, test, and network documents as necessary
- Attend meetings with customers, etc., and represent the JEMINI Test team
Please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume, if applicable.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain a TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; 9 years experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions using internally generated, industry-accepted, or similar processes and methods.
- Demonstrable ability to develop briefings and convey complex ideas in writing, be comfortable working in a team environment, be a quick study, be a hard worker, and be interested and capable of adapting to changing technology.
- Accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs.
- Experience with Unix command line, Bash, Perl scripting, Linux
- Experience in Statistics
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Maven Gitlab and Jenkins
- Experience with MATLAB
- Technical writing/test procedure creation
- Communication/presentation skills
- Space/C2BMC/Missile Defense experience
- Agile processes/development methodology
- Automated testing framework (i.e., Cucumber and Gherkin)
- Requirement and Verification Spreadsheet analysis
- Experience with JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development
- Familiarity with VMware, virtual servers, UNIX, and shell scripting
- Conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data
- Development of action plans based upon analysis of data
- Documenting software deficiency reports
- Presenting analysis results and plans of action orally and in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document)
- Active TS clearance is highly desired with SCI eligibility
- Some travel to Huntsville, Alabama, or external sites may be required
- Occasional travel between the MDIOC building at Schriever SFB and the Federal Drive facility in Colorado Springs
- Experience with network applications and networking concepts is desired, along with experience with military systems used in space domain awareness or missile defense, such as the Space Surveillance Network, AN/TPY2, SBIRS/BOA, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, UEWR, and SBX, including their operational characteristics.
- Experience in a DevSecOps environment is extremely desirable
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.