Systems Engineer/ Principal Systems Engineer - Mission Engineering (Melbourne, FL)
Requisition ID: R10111705
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Mission Engineer / Principal Mission Engineer that will join our team of qualified, diverse engineers to support the Systems Engineering Integration (SEI) Integrated Product Team (IPT) and future program capture within the APEX Division. This position is located on-site at our Melbourne, FL location.
The individual will be responsible for operating in an agile team environment to perform the following:
• Perform modeling, simulation, and analysis to support program development, execution, and related research and development projects
• Develop mission relevant scenarios; assesses operational effectiveness of existing and/or emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments
• Develop new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, weapon systems components to include air vehicle platform, kinematics, sensors, communications, command & control, weapons, and threat performance models and algorithms.
• Analyzes and tests next generation tactical assets within an advanced threat environment
• Develop software to simulate real-time operations and behavior of systems for virtual simulation (man in the loop) testing so that future tactical aircraft can be evaluated in next generation air warfare mission environments.
• Model operational environments and perform trade studies via computer simulation resulting in recommendations for alternative system architectures and configurations
• Support the design and development of visualization models and databases for integration with a high fidelity simulation environment used for strategic simulation and training
• Support evaluations to determine the best frameworks, hardware, capabilities, and tools available to create simulations and experiences that enhance the Virtual Simulation product
• Ensures performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are traded against cost and mission requirements
• Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities
• Ability to work independently or in team settings, according to project needs
This position requires practical experience and interpretation of modeling and simulation results, algorithms, and formulas and must be able to communicate their significance and relevancy in a clear, detailed manner.
• Mission Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 2 years of relevant experience; OR Master’s Degree in STEM with 0 years of relevant experience
• Principal Mission Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of relevant experience; OR Master’s Degree in STEM with 3 years of relevant experience; Ph.D with 0 years of relevant experience
• Must have an active DoD Secret clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation) and be eligible for access to special programs
• Experience with operations analysis and/or virtual simulation tools (e.g. AFSIM, Brawler, STK, MATLAB); or experience with MBSE modeling products (e.g. Cameo)
• Proficiency in at least one programming language
• Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams and managing relationships through effective communication.
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
• Experience in weapon system level design, integration, test and evaluation
• An understanding of Integrated Air Defense Systems and capabilities
• The ability to translate Physics/Mathematics models into real-time simulation algorithms and models
• Experience with real time simulation/software development
• Proficiency in MATLAB, AFSIM, Brawler, and/or FORTRAN
• Experience working within an Agile workflow using Atlassian Suite products (i.e. Jira, BitBucket)
• Familiarity with Digital Engineering processes
• Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Active Top Secret Clearance and previous access to special programs
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.