Sr. Principal Model Based Systems Engineer Architect (Melbourne, FL)
Requisition ID: R10123223
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Sector is seeking a motivated Senior Systems Engineer to lead systems architecture design and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts on military aircraft and mission systems. This position is based on-site in Melbourne, FL.
This position will be responsible for leading the development of systems engineering models to capture architecture baselines, accelerating systems engineering efforts on new capability development programs, and working as part of a team driving digital transformation to model-based practices within the enterprise.
Candidate must have excellent communication skills as frequent interactions with the customers and other IPTs are expected. Candidate must be able to provide technical leadership and guidance to a team of system engineers in the areas of aircraft systems, weapons systems, and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). Candidate must be a team player capable of applying their experience and leadership to add value to a common model-based engineering plan and approach.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field with a minimum of 9 years of related engineering experience -OR- master’s degree in STEM plus of a minimum of 7 years of related engineering experience -OR- Ph.D. Degree in STEM plus a minimum of 4 years of related engineering experience.
• Must have an active DoD secret clearance.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain specific program access after start of employment.
• Experience in SysML
• Systems engineering experience on military aircraft programs
• Experience in Cameo
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.