Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer (Melbourne, FL)
Requisition ID: R10125448
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Melbourne, Florida. The selected candidate will perform system engineering activities for all levels of a total system product, including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
· Performs systems integration, and verification for total systems.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Support system requirements development, management, analysis, and traceability, to translate customer requirements and CONOPS into systems requirements, and further allocate to lower level requirements.
· Generation and updating of System and sub-system level specifications in DOORS, including creation of Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM) and verification traceability (tracing requirements to test plans/procedures/results)
· Define and execute overall system verification plan and associated products for FCA. Coordinate verification with sub-systems to ensure proper verification roll-up. Manage overall verification products in support of system sell-off.
· Systems Engineer - Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 2 years of engineering experience OR Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline of engineering
· Principal Systems Engineer - Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience OR Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of engineering experience OR PhD in a STEM discipline and 0 years of engineering experience
· Experience with system engineering tools such as IBM Rational DOORS.
· Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
· Must be able to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date.
· First-hand experience with requirements management
· Experience with verification of system requirements
· Familiarity with system documents such as System/Subsystem Specifications, Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM), etc.
· Experience with Agile / Scrum / DevOps
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.