Architecture Systems Engineer / Principal Architecture Systems Engineer (Melbourne, FL)
Requisition ID: R10127480
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Architecture Systems Engineer / Principal Architecture Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position is on-site in Melbourne, Florida.
As an Architecture Systems Engineer you will develop system architectures and define key capabilities and performance requirements. You will define design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications, develop thorough definition of system external interfaces, and define system implementation approach and operational concept. You will also ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with the customer as a member of the Longshot team. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze architectures and develop various DODAF or SysML Viewpoints in support of this effort.
• Define system architectures
• Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
• Perform Systems Requirements analysis
• Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
This position is contingent on DoD Secret Security Clearance and Special Access Program clearance.
• Engineer Systems Architect: Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2 years engineering related experience, OR Master of Science in STEM with 0 years of experience
• Principal Engineer Systems Architect: Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 5 years engineering related experience, OR Master of Science in STEM with 3 years of experience
• Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
• Applied knowledge of aircraft design
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred
• Experience with Cameo Magic Draw or another MBSE tool such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, and Enterprise Architect
• Experienced developing various DODAF view artifacts, especially Operational and functional viewpoints, using MBSE tools like CAMEO
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.