Sr Principal Test Engineer - Test and Evaluation
Requisition ID: R10129550
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Sr Principal System Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Test and Evaluation organization. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
As a Test Engineer, utilizing your understanding of system test, you will be responsible for level I and level II system verification efforts, creating test procedures based on level I and level II requirements, developing an expert understanding of your assigned subsystems, and utilizing test infrastructure to dry run and execute system level verification. This role is slated to work on our E2 Program.
- Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems
- Coordinates integrated testing activities
- Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program
- Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline AND 9 years of related professional/military experience OR a Master of Science Degree in a STEM discipline AND 7 years of related professional/military experience OR a STEM PhD AND 4 years of related professional/military experience
- Must have experience in performing requirements analysis, developing/supporting test environment, integration and test, writing test plans, procedures and reports, verification and validation.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance prior to the commencement of employment
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to the commencement of employment
- Must have prior E2 experience
- The ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Current Program Access
- Experience supporting Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter
- Support Systems engineering to develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Utilize Python to write automated system tests
- Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for subsystems under test
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.