Subsystems Engineer / Principal Subsystems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129554
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has openings for Subsystem Engineers / Principal Subsystem Engineers at various grade levels, specializing in the design of Mechanical Subsystems to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. These roles are located in Melbourne, FL.
In these roles, candidates will be responsible for developing, modifying, and maintaining aircraft subsystems design configurations using current engineering practices and standards. These subsystems include, but are not limited to, Mechanical Systems, Landing Gear Systems, Weapons Integration Systems, Environmental Control Systems, Fuel Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Crew Systems and Equipment Integration.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
- Perform design related tasks utilizing the NX and Teamcenter tool suite.
- Integrate subsystems components into various types of aircraft applications.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant stakeholder to ensure robust and maintainable configurations are produced.
- Apply GD&T requirements to models to ensure producibility and manufacturability of designs.
- Evaluate and verify requirements to ensure airworthiness criteria are met.
- Attend internal program, customer and/or supplier technical exchange meetings and/or formal program milestone reviews to provide and/or obtain progress status updates.
- Tasking may include the procurement and integration of aircraft actuation hardware (electrically and hydraulically powered) with related supplier management activities.
- Tasking may include design and analysis of aircraft landing gear and/or general aircraft mechanisms (utilities, flight controls, uplocks etc.), including related kinematic design and analysis (i.e., motion studies).
- Tasking may include armament integration, field of view studies, and weapons carriage hardware design.
- Tasking may include design of tubes/ducts and routing of transport elements related to Hydraulic, Fuel, and Environmental Control Systems (ECS).
- Tasking may include crew station design, equipment payload integration, secondary structure, and rack design.
Selected candidates should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidates must be self-starters capable of flourishing in an environment with minimal direction. Candidates will need to have excellent communication and writing skills with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- The basic qualifications for Subsystems Engineer are a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline AND 2 years of engineering experience.
- The basic qualifications for Principal Subsystems Engineer are a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline AND 5 years of engineering experience, OR Master’s degree AND 3 years of engineering experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to the commencement of employment.
- Have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
- Current/active Special Program Access (PAR/SAP)
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
- Familiarity with NX CAD software and Teamcenter PLM
- Experience using MSC ADAMS and/or NX Motion Simulation
- Aircraft subsystems routing design experience.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.