Systems Engineering Manager 3
Requisition ID: R10129636
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Global Surveillance Division. This leadership role is located in Melbourne, FL. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineering (SE) Manager for the Multi-Domain Command & Control (MDC2) business unit in our Aerospace Sector, who is assigned to Director, MDC2 Director of Weapon System Integration.
Responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Serve as a technical leader and subject matter expert in systems engineering, promulgating, and leading the execution of systems engineering best practices within the MDC2 business unit.
- Efforts to include configuration management, requirements development, model based systems engineering, interface control and management, mission engineering study planning and execution, life cycle management across multiple programs, architecture development, and system security engineering.
- Drive consistent practices across several MDC2 programs focusing on solidifying best practices and best in class engineering activities into a verified and deliverable product solution.
- Guide the broader team towards the execution of System Requirements Reviews, Systems Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, etc for the implementation and integration of sustainment, development, and maturing technologies.
- The candidate will provide leadership, vision, and management within a large team of engineers from the SE directorate to ensure horizontal technical integration across programs within the MDC2 portfolio. This includes ground support, air vehicle, and complex mission system suite engineering consisting of passive and active sensors, communication, navigation/control, onboard networks, and mission management hardware and software developed by Northrop Grumman and it’s partners.
- Clear, concise communication is critical for success. This communication and interface includes internal and external team members, counterparts, and customers local to Melbourne, FL and located at multiple sites, including St. Augustine, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, and international locations.
- The candidate will be responsible for interfacing with leadership and program management to provide timely updates that include technical and financial performance.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with 9 years of relevant military or systems engineering experience or Masters and 7 years of relevant military or systems engineering experience or PhD with 4 years of relevant military or systems engineering experience
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Must have 3+ years Management/Lead Experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Large team leadership experience
- DoD Top Secret clearance
- Program Access
Salary Range: $152,100.00 - $228,100.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.