Mgr Systems Engineering 1
Requisition ID: R10100368
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems seeks a Manager, Systems Engineering 1 to lead a fast-paced SATCOM SME team to support our Ground Satellite Communications Systems (GCSC) Operating Unit (OU) located in Orlando, FL. This role is only a 20% allocation of tasking as a Systems Engineering Manager within the engineering department.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. The selected candidate must have the ability to collaborate within and across teams to accomplish goals. Must be committed to ethics, integrity, and innovation while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Also, must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable engaging with the internal and external customers.
- Managing and guiding Satellite Communications Subject Matter Expert Engineers
- Setting objectives and monitoring and reviewing yearly progress
- Workload management for direct reports
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring
- Semi-annual performance assessments of team members
- Assisting team members with career development
- Collaboration with other OU Section Leads and Engineering Managers, supporting overall execution of Satellite Communication based programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in any combination of Systems/Software Engineering, Integration and Test engineering; Masters' degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in any combination of Systems/Software Engineering, Integration and Test engineering
- Full knowledge of systems engineering development lifecycle and extensive technical expertise
- Exceptional leadership skills to coordinate collaboration across engineering teams
- Active DoD Secret security clearance investigated within the last 5 years
- Engineering background in Systems/Software Engineering including deriving hardware and software requirements and designing, developing, and testing systems
- Experience in recruiting and developing top engineering talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical problem decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, solution implementation, metric development, and metric evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- An ability to showcase the company’s capabilities to existing and potential customers to support business development activities
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.