Principal Antenna Test Engineer (Secret clearance)
Requisition ID: R10124972
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SAP
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Help shape the future working with the most advanced radar systems in the industry! Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector Test Engineering organization is seeking a Principal Antenna Test Engineer to be an instrumental part of Northrop Grumman's Test Engineering Team in Baltimore, MD.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Antenna test equipment design in support of factory phased array testing
- Test software and test equipment design related to phased array testing
- Troubleshoot RF issues during test of advanced antenna systems
- Support technicians with troubleshooting and training
- Analyze test data and identify early trends
- Support program meetings in developing root cause and corrective actions
- Collaborate with design engineering for hardware and test improvements
- Sensitivity to cost, schedule and quality as well as Northrop Grumman policies and procedures
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following: Health Plan, Savings Plan, and Paid Time Off. Additional benefits, including Education Assistance, Training and Development and a 9/80 schedule at many sites. https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or related STEM discipline, plus 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or related STEM discipline, plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with electrical and/or RF test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, etc.
- Professional software development experience using languages such as C++, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Must have a current, active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Special Access Program (SAP) clearance prior to starting
- U.S. citizenship
- Software development experience with RF and antenna systems
- Test development experience in a nearfield antenna range
- RF test experience and/or antenna test/range experience
- Familiarity with RF and antenna theory
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.