Business Development Lead - Staff Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10128850
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Lanham, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
ATS is seeking to hire a Business Development Lead to contribute to new business development and also continual support of our current programs.
Advanced Technology Solutions (ATS), located in Lanham Maryland, specializes in high performance, high reliability avionics and Space Flight subsystems for Aerospace, Defense, Space, Nuclear Defense and Instrumentation applications. ATS' space products have supported more than 28 space missions over a period of 25 years. These missions stretch back to Apollo and the beginning of the US Space Program and include a large diversity of civil and military programs, including notable programs like SBIRS, X-37B, Hubble, Orbital Express, Space Station, Shuttle, Mars Lander, Astronaut EMU Suits and 20 other NASA missions including four of their early small satellites. ATS was one of the first organizations in Northrop Grumman to foresee the potential of evolving Small Satellite technologies for application within the military, civil and commercial space markets.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Sells technical products, services, installations, and configurations to assigned customer for specific technical product and/or application of product.
- Provides technical interface between customer and company engineering, manufacturing and program management representatives.
- Research customer technical specifications and requirements with current or potential technical specifications of company products.
- Prepares and conducts technical sales briefings for customer and company representatives.
- Develops potential technical specifications, pricing considerations and contract requirements.
- Prepares sales forecasts. Investigates new applications or improvements to products with customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM discipline with 14 years of experience; or 12 years’ s with a master’s degree; or 9 years’ experience with a PhD.
- Experience developing satellite electronic subsystems, i.e., Command and Data Handling, Propulsion, Power and Instrument control. and space flight engineering
- Advanced level of understanding of electronic part selection to meet differing space flight mission environmental conditions.
- 20 years’ experience developing satellite electronic subsystems.
- 10 years’ experience developing satellite electronic new business pursuits
- 10 years’ experience in proposal preparation.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.